Saturday 12 August 2017

More new stuff.

It’s that time of year when everyone is on holiday - so nothing gets done except emergencies at 9pm when people in France remember the stuff they forgot to tell you about, nobody answers your emails or pays your bills - I am struggling to get things completed but project creep is making it impossible. Frustrating isn’t the word.

I’ve been let down badly by a digital supplier, again. They always let you down.

The automated payment process for my Council tax ended so I signed onto the system provided by my local authority - due to my fucked up head and the appalling interface I accidentally paid a years council tax by mistake - cleaning out my bank account. I can’t get it back and have complained - according to a friend who works there - it happens all the time. I am quite pissed off about that.

Additionally - as I’m sure you are bored with me mentioning - my difficulty with dates and numbers seems to have fucked up my mortgage - or possibly not. Still not sure.

I bought my house on August 28th - 10 years ago. I had it in my head that was the date when my when my mortgage ended, however - it actually finished a month early - so at the point when I was attempting to transfer to a different product online - it refused to offer me anything other than interest only, also - it has dropped down by £200pcm because I’m no longer on my old repayment rate.

It would seem to me that the new offers are all around 2% interest only - with the ability to pay up to 10% per annum of the outstanding balance on top - without penalty….which is somehow a much better deal than any of the fixed rate repayment mortgages I have been offered… I am going to mull this for a few days but if I stay on the interstate only fixed for 5 years and keep paying the same amount each months I am now - I’ll be better off ad pay off more of my balance… I have about 100K equity in the house now - but everything is getting on top of me with work and house stuff so I’m starting to get into debt - I’m seriously looking at making some drastic changes to my life - I can’t really keep stumbling along like this. I should probably talk to someone about my selective short term memory too.

I spent half a day with an old friend from college - she spent 3 hours unloading 30 years of disappointment and frustration caused by the failures at RCA. So. It’s not just me, then.

It’s Saturday - my day off - I have to go into work tomorrow. I’m exhausted. I woke up at 5am as usual and have been busy ever since. As I still have not replaced the washing machine, this included a lot of hand washing.

3 different people made rude comments about the shirt I was wearing yesterday (striped number - I like it) I've been asked not to wear it again, and was asked to move by one person because it was getting I the way of a photograph. 


I found a G5 apple Mac in the street - about 3k worth. Booted up straight away. 2 hard drives. People are insane. The case alone is worth 30 quid as scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment