Sunday 15 May 2016

Another long week.

I've been working in Brighton - I don't mind commuting in the summer - it's easier to manage the dogs and getting up very earlier to walk them properly is a pleasure. I also like being able to read on the train - I'm half way through 'Notes on a Scandal' at the moment which is a much, much better book than I expected.

Some work of mine has been in a design fair in New York, bulb packaging - apparently it’s gone down really well and attracted interest from Bloomingdales - I’ll find out more next week. I’m in Brighton on Monday finishing off a fiendishly difficult project that has required me to think very, very hard and create a lot of complex problem solving solutions at speed - so I’m quite tired at the moment. Yesterday a client came down from London and O had to spend time showing him around town - and later I went with friends for a quiet drink, they work in film and one of them spent the previous evening filming Iggy Pop. Kind of makes my life look a bit dull.

I went home and watched a film, and avoided Eurovision - which I loathe with a passion, I hate the parody that it has become and it makes me really angry.

On Thursday night I ran the for at an acoustic musical event in the bar below my studio - it was really good - the singer (Katey Brooks) actually could sing. They are hoping to continue with more ticketed events like that one - the area is really improving now and businesses are keen to move in - not gentrification, but realisation of it’s potential.

The big 1930’s modernist house at the end of my road is being clad in an insulation material before rendering. It’s a shame, it will change the building and make it unrecognisable - but I have a great deal of sympathy for them - they have been trying to maintain that house for years but it’s exposed to the sea and is probably very cold inside, and damp. The owners seem to be very design conscious - I’ll reserve judgement and wait to see how it turns out.

As it’s Sunday - I need to do a ‘long’ dog walk (It’s sunny - so that will be a joy) and clean the house - do a load of washing and potentially a lot of gardening. I am not thinking about money until I have finished the work in Brighton - so that’s possibly Tuesday - after that I will have a hard look at the end of this month - which isn’t looking great.


Yesterday - in one of my now only occasional ‘bad brain’ moments - I asked someone for a ‘nail gun’ when actually I wanted a hammer. It made perfect sense to me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment