Wednesday 22 July 2015

Wednesday

Don't feel too bad today. Woke up in pain needing my pills but for the first time my face wasn't covered in a big crust of dried gunk around my mouth (yeah, I know - it's gross for me too). Hospital later - trying not to think about it too much.

My MP was on the radio earlier. I'm deeply ashamed that Amber Rudd is my MP and cannot apologise enough. She is staggeringly dim. Today she was trying to field direct questions about the cuts to subsidies for green energy yet support a 16Billion-pound subsidy for nuclear. She was clearly trying to avoid the truth but had neither the wit nor the buzzwords to manage - even the bloke interviewing her was despairing. She's spent the last 5 years as a handy mouthpiece for government policy, shipped in whenever possible to recite the party line and field questions, and now rthat she's a minister - it's still the same. She's just a front.

I had a conversation yesterday about the next 5 years - there will be more damage done by this government than we can possibly imagine, they have no idea what they are doing or where they are going. They are going to create so much social division and hopelessness that it will take generations to recover. I told someone yesterday that I was genuinely ashamed and embarrassed to talk to students because I came from a poor background and had a bursary - and they will expect to be £50,000 in debt just to go to college. That's the kind of debt that makes you lose hope in the future, why bother, what's the point - you are trapped forever.

Blair on the radio earlier. Even when he's trying to help - he's toxic. I wish he would shut up and go away.

Girl on the radio representing an organisation to get kids interested in nature was SO WRONG. Made the point that kids interested in nature are marginalised so they should retreat to the internet and follow their interests in secret and isolation. Totally wrong, very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment