Saturday 11 January 2014

Saturday Morning

Last night, I found a bottle of organic Hastings ale that someone had kindly given me for Xmas. It was very nice, quite sweet, and there was plenty of yeasty sediment. About an hour later I had the worst heartburn of my life - it was about 8.30pm, so I went to bed. I woke up at about 12.30 after several of the worst nightmares I've ever had in my life. I suspect that Hastings Brewery has some hallucogenic intent.

The bin men were due today as part of their catch up after Xmas, the lorry went past at 6.30am and woke me - too late for me to run down the street in my pyjamas - annoyingly, they came back again at about 8.00 to catch any strays - I mussed both.

I made asparagus risotto last night - it was lovely, a revelation. I'm finding being a vegetarian again much easier this time around, and I'm already feeling and looking a lot better.

House cleaning today - possibly fixing some electrical issues - I bought 100 onion bulbs yesterday for 99p, they can't go in just yet - but I'm gearing up for something a bit more practical in the garden this year. Bit of admin to do later and some clearing up. My lucky streak at the charity shops continues - 4 brand new Kenzo shirts that retail at about £150, for £3.00 each.

There is a live stream of Howard Brenton's 'Drawing The Line' tonight courtesy The Guardian - and 'This Happy Breed' is the play on Radio 4 Extra - both things I'm really looking forward to.

Since I upgraded to a new wifi device at home - I'm going to have to spent some time today fixing a few glitches - mostly my phone - which seems to only connect at home or at work, and nothing in between.

The sun is supposed to come out later... I'll believe it when I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment