Saturday 28 January 2017

and.. Saturday

I worked really hard this week - often on projects that I would have previously baulked at  - but with some success. There is a lot going on at work this week - mostly because of an event in the building that I can't tell you about until it's over - and besides, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. It's 'that' kind of thing. I'll spill the beans tomorrow.

If you are so inclined - my friend Esther is writing a blog about her cancer treatment, she's quite an unorthodox woman and writes very well. I like her very much. Her husband is the architect with an office on the same floor as my building, we always got on - but particularly bonded after my accident. He himself suffered a very similar head injury in his 20's playing rugby and he's the only person I have ever met who actually understood what that was like - that detachment from who you used to be and difficulty in connecting with the world afterwards as your brain slowly shrinks back into shape. There are specific references to Esther having a couple of tattoos in the blog, for context - when she was about to hit 40, after bringing up a family and managing successful print and design businesses - she decided to let go and have some 'me' time. She had a big party and rebelled by getting 'inked'. Then within days realised she was a unexpectedly pregnant again. And then, soon after her son was born - this.

I need to clean the house today - it's quite sunny and that always cheers me up. I've had a small amount of new work in, and am getting on well with the work I have now. I had a very friendly conversation with someone about a decent sized piece of work after a personal recommendation - and then nothing. Which is rude and unprofessional. And I get that a lot.

I'm watching the 1954 film version of Titanic with Barbara Stanwyk and Clifton Webb - it's a million times better than the James Cameron version.

I got a lot of compliments last week for coming up with the hashtag #TearsForPiers - he really is an odious little shit. The entire world seems to have gone mad this week. Years from now, we'll look back and laugh, but I can't find it in myself to be happy about anything. I haven't had a shave since Christmas. I should probably do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment