Sunday 11 December 2016

Sunday

It's early - about 5.30am - couldn't sleep - been watching films since 3am.

Last week was hard work. Still standing up all day but starting to recover. Had another session with the back person on Friday (fifty quid..) and didn't enjoy it at all. I don't really think it helped much and frankly - I don't really think he was that engaged in what he was doing.

I bought a book of drawings from the 1940's in a junk shop called 'Neighbours' by Lucy Dawson for £2 that is listed at anything between 40 and 80 quid online. I'm never that lucky.

I should really go into the studio today - a lot of work has turned up and it's all very difficult and very diverse, so I need to think it through. I could really do with being able to sit more comfortably and concentrate. A couple of invoices look like they are not going to get paid and I have to work out how to deal with that.

A client is going to be away this week so they have sent me the tickets the can't use to see the performance of David Bowie songs with a full orchestra at the De La Warr Pavilion - pretty much everyone I know is either away or busy that night - I might end up going on my own. The trains are on strike that night so I have to figure out how I'm getting there and back. There is no working transport of any reasonable quality on the South Coast any more. I have had an enquiry from an old client about working in Brighton during January and February - but the trains are so bad now it may not be possible. I know people who are regularly spending 3 or 4 hours to get home or into work - often with replacement bus services.

I went for a drink on Thursday, a local wine/Beer shop had an 'office party for the people who don't have an office party' - met up with some old colleagues and really enjoyed myself - I should be more social.

Had a conversation earlier with a woman I worked with a lot when I was younger but haven't spoken to in about 10 years. We used to get on well but it's actually quite difficult to be too close to people in my industry - however - I always really liked her and we got on fine. She used to have a 'big' job at a well known company and recently left - I think it probably saved her life. She's been working at her physical and mental limits for 20 years.

I've been told that a friend (and wife of someone I work with) has cancer in both breasts. I bumped into her in the supermarket last week and spent an extra 20 mins there having a laugh and a joke with her in the dairy section. Her husband had a serious head injury in his 20's and was very kind and understanding after my accident. When she hit her 40's, after having had children early - she decided to let go a bit and relax - think about herself more. She went straight out and got a tattoo and started a business. And then almost on the same day found that she was unexpectedly pregnant. Life never goes to plan.

The old woman up the road who I find a bit sinister out up all her xmas decorations quite early this year - and then a couple of days later, took them all down again. They are back up again now.





No comments:

Post a Comment