Thursday 17 November 2016

Thursday

Up at 3.30, thanks to a couple of cats having a fight in the garden - and the dogs becoming hysterical. Last night it was a mouse in the kitchen at roughly the same time - and small channeling her terrier side and hunting it down, with much barking.

I have a lot of work on, all really badly paid, all for very difficult clients - one of whom seems to make no sense whatsoever. I am wearing very, very thin at the moment. I'm getting a lot of enquiries from people who have already spent too much money on badly thought through projects and think that spending too little on branding will paper over the cracks.

I appear to be the only person in the world who thought that Arrival was a terrible thing. The more I think about it - the more I disliked it. I read somewhere that it is the film that 'Interstellar' tried to be. It clearly wasn't trying very hard.

I still wake up in the morning thinking 'Trump? No way!"

A man is coming (from Blackpool!) on Tuesday to examine the soil chemistry at the front of my house in an attempt to ascertain if subsidence is the cause of my bay window falling down. It isn't. The insurance are going to try and mow through with a repair to the bay - so I end up with a wonky bay window that will de-value the house and cost far more than fixing it properly - I'm also quite sure that the crappy double glazed windows are holding the front of the house up - and when they are replaced - it will just make things worse. If I could afford it - I'd tell them to get lost. I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen anyway. I could really do without this.

It's that time of the year when small dog's bladder goes into overdrive. Everything is getting me down at the moment. Even stupid things - the led lights I bought foe the bike that can be re-chargede by USB (I thought it was a good idea at the time) need to be recharged almost every day. I don't have much luck with bike lights, they are either crap - break, or get stolen.

The town xmas decorations are going up - the tree is up already - it's awful. People across the way from me in the flat over the KFC have their decorations up already. Not looking forward to Xmas this year. The dark seems much worse this year than it's ever been - I'm going into work early - so today I will not see the house in daylight again. Thanks to the eco bulbs I have everywhere - it might as well be lit by candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment