Wednesday 10 August 2016

Wednesday

Because I’m technically on holiday this week - I decided to do more cycling. Yesterday I cycled to Camber Sands and Rye Harbour nature reserve. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful part of the world. Very quick and easy to get to - although coming back was much harder (Battery Hill is brutal) and I was lucky there was no wind. I have now made the terrible mistake of agreeing to cycle to Dungeness on Saturday with the Husband of a friend who is 10 years younger than me, much fitter and practically a professional cyclist. I may regret it. The roads to Rye are not iv very good condition, many potholes and raised drain covers - and there were a lot of construction vehicles to feel intimidated by and a burst waterman cascading all the way down galley Hill, but otherwise - a lovely day in lovely weather.

In other news - I bought some Vitamin D tablets now that I no longer ‘do’ dairy - just to be on the safe side.

In the morning I cut down my bay tree in the garden by about 4 feet. Sadly - it’s very tall and as the soil is only about 2 feet deep - will blow over in the winter - it’s already leaning badly and I’ve had to support it with lanyards tied to the fence.


I’m not massively busy this week - so I’m trying not to feel guilty about taking time away - I really need it.

Dungeness Nuclear Power Station in the distance



Rye Harbour Nature Reserve and salt marshes, I live the other side of that raise in the distance

Windfarms behind Camber Sands

My trusty steed.

No comments:

Post a Comment