Saturday 2 July 2016

Saturday PM

I've had to put a jumper on, it's July. That's absurd.

Incredibly sad to hear about the death of caroline Aherne. She was only a couple of years older than me. It’s important to remember that she wasn’t just a comedian. She was a multi-award winning writer, actress and director - one of very few women at the top of her industry. She also inspired many, many others and celebrated the North of England shamelessly and with real class. She will be very much missed.

I’m at home, watching bad films, with hay fever. Today is the traditional America Ground celebration centered around my studio, I’ve given it a miss again - I can’t face big crowds of drunk people and I relish a day away from people.

I’ve been doing some research - I’m trying to set up a creative quarter group in hastings based around the area my studio is, and where a number of other creative an associated businesses are based, I have a meeting with someone from the council next week. Basically - we need all the help we can get now - thee is quite a big community of freelancers in Claremont - all with the same difficulties. Anything that raises or profiles and brings in more work will really help. It’s probably going to be a waste of time.

 Last night I had to remove a couple of sheep tics from the greyhound - I’d noticed them just as I was leaving for work and tried to get a tick hook in town - in the end I had to make one from some plastic. They came away easily enough - but were huge - the size of grapes. The dog, of curse, couldn’t care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment