Thursday, 12 November 2015

Spectacularly busy week

Thursday morning - going into work a bit later today. Have managed to get a lot done this week but I have a client in at lunch time so I'm taking advantage of a slow start.

I'm really enjoying work at the moment - it's handy to have something to focus on that is working well for me.

Cycling home at night and it's dark now - which means dealing with the idiots that just step into the road without looking, and then shout abuse at you for 'not' actually hitting them. I read that 4 people ( all over 70 ) died in the last year after being hit by cyclists - and I can believe it - I have to keep one eye on the road and one on the pavement ahead in anticipation of death with pensioners. I've put 2 extra lights on my bike - including one designed to point into the road so cars get an idea of the proximity.

It's still really warm, wetter and windy but around the 14/15 degrees point - almost balmy.

Still have a really bad memory so I'm struggling to remember what I did this week - I went to an event on Saturday - walked through the door - didn't recognise a single face and walked back out again and went home. Being in a room with more than 4 people is still hard work - although to be fair, they looked like they were having a great time.

The bar on the ground floor of the building I have my studio in opens on Saturday night - really looking forward to it - but it will change the profile of the place a bit. I'm a little cautious about the bicycle situation. We have to haul our bikes up and down the stairs and I'm not sure what's going to happen when there are punters milling about - but it looks great and I'm really excited for them. I developed a brand for them and drew an entire typeface for the project, looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Unfortunately - small dog, despite being in perfect condition and full of life - has taken a downward turn when it comes to bladder control. There is nothing wrong with her (Trust me - she's been to the vets enough times) but ever since she was 'done' she's had no real control over her bladder. I've been mopping up piss for 10 years - now it's up to 4 times a day. The patch of floorboards by the patio doors will never dry and I'm quite sure the house smells bad. I usually mop the dining room with caustic soda at weekends now. The house is damp enough anyway, this just makes it worse. I'm exhausted. She's not helping herself by constantly ripping up the mattress protectors either.

The whole of Hastings smells damp at the moment - the perils of living by the sea - however, this reminded me why I live here. It's still exactly the same.

I have about a dozen outstanding invoices at the moment and no time to chase them - I'm solvent on paper only. Tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment