Monday 11 May 2015

Monday

I went out yesterday, I hadn't intended to - I was planning something at home but a friend called and I ended up on the beach all afternoon getting sunburnt and drinking beer with friends. It was lovely. later on, I went to the pub and sat in the beer garden until someone I don't really know started talking about immigrants and I had to leave before I started a fight. To make it worse, he seemed oblivious that he's actually Italian. This UKIP mentality is so depressing. I wrote a very angry letter today to my local paper after it published another letter about poor families from London being moved down here and proclaimed that Hastings isn't a 'dumping ground'. To the best of my knowledge, we are talking about just 50 people, and I mean PEOPLE, saying 'dumping ground' suggests rubbish. Language like that is going to get worse and worse.

In other news - I re-joined the labour party this week.



I have a lot to do this week, and a creeping terror that I may not have enough money at the end of the month - I'm never going to get used to that.

The beach on Sunday. Lovely... I might end up sleeping on it before the end of the year if I'm not carefull.


No comments:

Post a Comment