Friday 20 February 2015

Friday

I came into work early - despite the rain. It's rained since about 5pm yesterday and I'm constantly surprised by how much capacity a greyhounds bladder has.

Last night - for some unknown reason and probably because I was bored and it was dark and wet - I ended up watching snippets of Eastenders 'live' special. I did manage to watch a film about giant spiders attacking New York at the same time. I really don't understand the attraction of soap opera, especially one like Eastenders which just seems to be an orgiastic 'snuff movie' and exercise in misery and control. Apparently - piecing together the bit I saw and from reports in the papers - A man killed his brother, an old woman killed her son and a small child murdered his sister - and there was a brassy hard-faced blonde wandering about with a gun, who has also killed someone in the past and gone to prison for child abduction. Nobody seems to understand that a 3/4 bed Victorian terrace in East London on a garden square is probably worth the best part of a million, and they all live in squalor. For some reason every one of the odd occasions I have seen Eastenders, someone has been killed. I assume it must happen every episode. I do remember once catching the last few moments and watching Martine McCutcheon die on the street in front of me. It's pretty obscene, really. What do people get out of it?

I have a client coming over later and I have to work over the weekend because I'm shooting and it would be disruptive to everyone else if I did it today. I don't mind - I had nothing planned.

1 comment:

Clive said...

East Enders is stuck in a time warp of its own making. The original square still exists but the Queen Elizabeth pub has been converted into apartments and the whole area has been gentrified beyond comprehension.

Post a Comment