Saturday 31 January 2015

Saturday

I just watched 'The Longest Day'. Felt like it.

Today I've been on a mission to be cheerful. Not exactly easy.  It took a superhuman effort. Last night I had an email telling me that another job I'd been a part of had failed to make it through the procurement process. You couldn't make it up. Seriously. That's pretty much all my booked work gone.

Anyway, apart from cleaning the house - I decided to do something practical and chopped up a very large and unwieldy piece of furniture into two manageable, perfectly sized and very attractive new pieces. That cheered me up.

Despite everything, I really have bee quite chipper today, even tough it's bee bloody freezing.

Sad to read that Geraldine McEwan has died - I really hope they re-run Mapp and Lucia as a tribute - but they won't.

I'm watching a film on Film4 (you can stream it live without needed a TV license) called 'Stardust' -it's awful. I vaguely remember this one, it was bankrolled by the money that came from 'Lock Stock' and 'Snatch' - it's basically an exercise in nepotism and funny handshakes. garbage. They are making it up as they go along. I'd like to be getting on with something else but it's too cold to leave this room and lack any motivation right now. Besides, technically I've had a good day so far and I don't want to risk it all going wrong. I even cleaned the spare room.


No comments:

Post a Comment