Saturday 4 October 2014

Another glittering evening

I went to the awards ceremony for the International Society of Typographic Designers last night - it was quite a posh affair, the De La Warr did a really fantastic job and it was lovely to meet successful people in my industry from all over the world, I was quite clearly the lowest achiever in the room - but I did enjoy myself. There were people there I went top college with - one who seems to have swapped his old wife for someone else on the course who I disliked intensely and is even worse now than then.

The only down side was that I accidentally ate some meat - the little tower of asparagus I assumed was wrapped in filo turned out to be wrapped in parma ham and baked - It was a bone chilling moment - but I didn't let t ruin the evening.  basically - I took time out - something II never do, and I'm out later tonight to catch up with an old student - so that's me - gone a bit wild.

Work has been phenomenally busy - not in a good way, had one of those "Hi Richard, we've got a problem, remember that piece of work we promised you - we gave it to someone else, they really fucked it up, we have no time and no money left and we need you to bale us out really quickly and cheaply - and the work has to be fantastic - can you just pull it out of your arse"? type conversations.

A printer managed to cock up two jobs in ways that were practically impossible - in fact, they almost deserve commendation for being so inventive.

There is an awful lot of stuff going on in the background and my head is swimming, I'm going to try and take time tomorrow to catch up. I know people who are worse off than I am, that keeps me grounded.

Belle and Sebastian are playing later this month at the De La Warr (This blog is quickly becoming a fan site for the DLWP) and the next big show has been announced - it's a Brigid Riley retrospective - that's something very special to look forward to.

I have much more to say about this week - probably tomorrow when my head is in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment