Wednesday 24 September 2014

Wednesday Evening

Today could have been better - it could also have been worse - much worse, but I don't like to think about that. Two jobs have vanished - one has been taken from me by someone who was angling to snatch work off me for a while - and another is a joint project where the client has made a HUGE miscalculation by offering it out to tender. Rather too involved a story for here - but frankly, it's pretty shitty behaviour.

The builders turned the water off in the studio all day - so there was no tea, and no toilet. We managed. Somehow.

have managed to secure an very good piece of prestige work... by offering to do it for free. That pitch ALWAYS works. I'm OK with that - I wanted to do it and I can capitalise on the finished project. It will really help me in the long run.

People are never kind, in my experience- except today - I've unexpectedly been put on the guest list to see Johnny Marr in a couple of weeks. Chuffed with that. So yes, sometimes people are kind.

Did I mention that a giant barge and crane has been brought to Hastings to start dismantling the pier - they used it to salvage the Costa Concordia. I think I probably did.

Why do we constantly have to be at war with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment