Monday 2 June 2014

Dead of Night


















Sorry - I'm not always a big tease - the image from the last post came from 'Dead of Night' - probably one of the best British films ever made - superficially a compendium style horror / supernatural exercise - it's packed with brilliant acting, direction, writing and storytelling. It's also incredibly intelligent and the music is superb. I have a digitally remastered copy - the quality of lighting and cinematography is peerless, so it would be wrong of me to direction to an inferior online copy - like this one - I urge you to get a decent copy. It's very clever and very scary - but there is even a little bit of humour. Something for everyone. It's also one of the most influential films ever made.

I'll probably return to this film for a proper post - but I'm working in Brighton today - at two different companies at the same time, not sure how I managed to do that.

PS - karma, something that never happens to me - I gave £40 to the fund for the people made homeless by the big fire last week on Hastings Seafront. Something I can't really afford, and on Saturday night - I won the same amount on the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment