Saturday 28 September 2013

Saturday

I went for a quick drink after work last night - managed to have the wit to leave before I passed out, but it was a close call.

The woman next door has apparently had another baby, this will be the 2nd time she has gone full term without me noticing. Probably explains why they have failed to do any gardening this year.

Did a lot of good work last week, but didn't actually earn much, not so good. One of my clients emailed to say that they have taken a new studio directly opposite my old house in Brighton - so every time I go there I will have to confront my past through the bloody window.

The house is a mess, I'm just sitting here drinking coffee. I had to collect a parcel from the old lady next door - hence a 20 min lecture on why I need to have new fences and dealing with the excitement of her expecting a 'very special' delivery from Damart.

Made the mistake of googling myself early this morning out of boredom, can't really recommend it - found an article in a London newspaper with a quote from me that was re-written to include the word 'poncey' - and an article from the leading trade publication for designers that I wish I'd seen at the time. Apparently there are a couple of quotes from me in the upcoming Taschen History of Menswear - mostly about rabbit fur trimmed snorkel parkas.

Bumped into the middle class MDNA dealer last night - have no idea what he actually said - it was just a babble. He's painted his nails bright red. Apparently he runs several very successful companies during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment