Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wednesday

Up early - have said I'll be in by 8am to finish off yesterday's work. Not sure why I did that. Went for a quick drink after work yesterday, sat in the garden at The Standard for the first time in about 10 months.  The landlord and the only other customer (apart from me and the bloke I work with ) both live within a few yards of me - so we talked about the weirdness of Ore Village. Enjoyed that.

A comment below mentioned this image I posted about 18 months ago - it's a cover for Lolita, and is one of the best pieces of modern graphic design I've ever seen - it's stylistically very 'now' - but benefits from a real emotional response to a difficult subject with tact, skill, economy and a lightness of touch that makes me think late 50's. It works beautifully for someone who has already read the book and can interprete the double meaning - as well as a first time reader who may have a preconceived idea of the meaning but re assesses the text as they read through it. Wish I'd done it.

My stats shot up again last night to double the highest figure ever - it's really scary, I'm getting paranoid.


1 comment:

Grey Area said...

The above comment appeared simulateously with posting today's entry - I think these robot bloggers must be keyed into me for some weird reason, I'm almost getting tempted to click on the link - but I suspect that would be fatal....

Regarding my comment about stats - apparently, 600 people in Germany looked at a very dull post from a few weeks ago last night, I'm getting the impression they may not actually be flesh and bone, after all.


R

Post a Comment