Sunday 7 April 2013

Sunday

Bright and sunny - but the clear skies pushed the temperature down to minus 4 last night, so the early walk was a very frosty affair. When you are actually in the sun, it's quite nice - and the brighter light makes what little green there is out there - look great.

Spent yesterday filling more holes in the walls and lining more of the front room. Ran out of lining paper - and would you believe it - B&Q don't stock it any more. This means a trip to Bexhill to buy a small - low value product - pointless. I also started frosting the front windows - bad news for my neighbours.

The actual room is starting to look OK - the walls are not quite as bad as I expected and the lining that I have managed has tightened them up nicely - another layer and then I can paint and attend to the shabby woodwork - it's almost like a 'real' front room. The rest of the house is in chaos - shall be spending today clearing up and spring cleaning - anything that isn't nailed down or very useful is vulnerable to getting chucked.

Hysterically funny video here from our local Easter crucifixion - if you want to see a squealing Jesus repeatedly kicked in the balls and thrown down some stairs - then this is for you. The women in fancy shawls who keep making a fuss are actually part of a local belly dancing troupe - hence the relative sparkle of their costumes. Isn't it amazing that any public procession or parade - no matter how important - marathon, religious etc - just as the action gets to you - a couple of old people decide to cross the road slowly - last year when the half marathon passed my house - an old woman on a mobility scooter decided to pass in front of the 'professional' athletes - nearly causing the winning runner to fall. They are also usually wearing anoraks - this may be a contributing factor to their stupidity.

I got propositioned again in the B&Q. That place is going to the dogs - no lining paper, a meet and greet that scares me and now this - someone should tell him that hoop earrings are never a good look on a man. To be honest - I think they have a new manager there - all the staff changed a couple of months ago - they are now younger, better trained and much more helpful - and the garden centre looks like someone actually wants to sell live plants rather than dead ones. I've been in there a couple of times while they are having 'motivational' talks - perhaps it's all a cover for some weird sect.

I realised yesterday that I am exactly the same age as Halle Berry. If she can look that good and get pregnant at my age - there is still hope for me. Not to get pregnant - obviously - but I'd like to be able to shake this cold. I still have a cough - but part of me suspects that - thanks to having chain smoking parents and years of working in pubs - I'm destined to get passive smoking lung cancer.

Tried listening to a dramatisation of Larkin's 'Jill' on the radio - gave up after about 20 mins, hated it. Very disappointing.

1 comment:

Steerforth said...

Thanks for the link - that video is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. The man with the white beard seems to be a real 'method actor'.

Post a Comment