Monday 22 April 2013

Monday Morning

Colder, very misty, a bit of fine rain.

For some odd reason - I had one of those strange spikes in readers last night - several hundred of them - and another robot comment. I almost wish I had something interesting to say.

Had on of those 'did I really just read that' moments earlier.

- Speaking to reporters on Saturday, the Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone said it wasn’t his job to question the laws of every country they visit.

“We don’t go anywhere to judge how a country is run,” he said. “I keep asking people, ‘What human rights?’ – I don’t know what they are,” he said. “The rights are that people who live in the country abide by the laws of the country, whatever they are.”

That even tops his comments when asked if he's be prepared to mount a Formula 1 in Syria - 'I don't know, we'll have to go and have a look". I don't understand motor racing - I can see that 'old school' it might have had glamour and excitement - from a cultural point of view ( and I am really thinking 60's and 70's here ) - but I don't understand a sport that you can't participate in without being a rich waster or  recklessly breaking the law, and all that money - for nothing???

Absurd, paranoid, insane and plain stupid conspiracy theories abound the web after last weeks Boston Bombing - came across one last night that was convinced the whole thing was faked and went to great lengths to dissect every frame of a film showing a man who had his legs blown off with notes like 'you can clearly see that it's a prosthetic'. The pathetic thing is that dozens of following comments suggest that people agree with them. Probably the same people who think 9/11 was actually a hologram ( yes, they exist ) I suppose that living in a free society means that you can be as stupid as you want... and that's quite a privilege. By the way, the bloke who lost both legs has no medical insurance - donations are already making up the shortfall - but he's not covered in any way for the $300,000k it's going to cost him for treatment. I read an article about him over the weekend where dozens of American readers left mocking comments about his stupidity in not having any cover, well - he was a very young man, and he worked in a budget supermarket on minimum wage, so 'do the math'. I shall spend all day today being nice about the NHS.


No comments:

Post a Comment