Monday 25 March 2013

Monday






After the excitement of last week - I found I needed a bit of peace and quiet. I was up early to collect the dogs, they seemed to be perfectly happy at the kennels and may have needed some persuasion to come home. By the time they had arrived they began to remember what warm duvets were like and settled down to 12 hours of sleep (so far - I expect them to be unmoved until tomorrow).

I myself - have had a very quiet day, I've practically tip-toes around the house in silence - I just needed a bit of calm and peace. Tomorrow I have a huge backlog to catch up on and really need to get on with things, I could really do with a bit of a re-thing about everything - but more about that later.

The radio is on in the background - but I'm not listening. I need to take the dogs for a quick walk before bed time - and I'll be off myself. My iphone went weird earlier and I had to restore it from scratch - at one point I thought it was on the edge of broken - it's OK now, but not an experience I want to repeat. Have just realised it's a short week - only 3 days left. I'm also on the brink of financial chaos ( cash flow etc - loads of invoices to go out - nothing due for payment just yet ) and the end of my tax year - something I've been looking forward to - and dreading at the same time.

I had some oblique criticism of my handwriting last week - not everyone understands dyslexia and they can be pretty snotty about it - I also realised recently that I've spent a lifetime dropping certain letter forms into my written work - mostly I always put two 'l's where one will do - and add a lot of seemingly random 'h's and 'f's - and it finally dawned on my that it's because I was taught to use the alphabetical form of Welsh at school, when I say taught - we were basically beaten and humiliated into robot fashion learning. I still write English in the Welsh form. The above image should illustrate the point. I've never had a problem with reading - but great difficulty with writing, and if I'm being watched or have to write by hand - I get very self conscious and make far more mistakes - I think I must be overcompensating by subconsciously adding the 'rules' I learnt parrot fashion in an attempt to get it write.

School... scared for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veгy quickly this sitе wіll bе famous amid all
blοg people, ԁue to іt's fastidious posts

Also visit my web page :: Chemietoilette

Post a Comment