Monday 24 December 2012

Lockdown

After a very small amount of consideration I have decided to do away with xmas this year, at least for the next coupe of days - and I've even gone for the 'dry' option - with no alcohol in the house. I don't fancy it, I don't really feel 100% anyway - and I've decided to make better use of whatever cash I have left. I did buy two small bits of lamb shoulder - the bones will go in the dogs, the rest into a casserole for tomorrow - and some nice cheese... and some pistachios. I only just remembered to buy milk and washing powder.

The people I like most are away - and most of the people left celebrate christmas in a very different way - usually with children, their own and other peoples. Everyone I work with has kids of roughly the same age - I think they are all going to meet up and take it in turns to hide in the kitchen while chaos reigns. I don't fancy sitting in the pub or someone's house while they moan about their problems - or eating much, or drinking - or much of anything - I fancy sleeping.

Staggeringly offensive, ill informed and racist article in The Daily Mail about Romania and potential influx of immigrants next year - according tro the DM, the entire population of 29 million, all of whom are Gypsy ( so they say ) will move here next year and probably eat our children. I don't know why IO torture myself with this shite - I suppose it's better to know thy enemy.

Shall be working my way through a stack of eld films - may re-surface in a couple of days.

Whatever you're doing - have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment