Friday 23 November 2012

Friday

A half day in the Hipster Hellmouth has really done me in.

One of the things I most hate about Brighton is the way that everyone there honestly thinks it's all about 'them' - like each individual person is living in their own, bespoke, well furnished Truman Show. People quite happily stand chatting on the pavements with bikes and double buggies - oblivious to passers by - or block the aisles in supermarkets and sandwich stores - chatting away about something 'amazing' or 'fabulous' that's just happening / about to happen to them. Everyone is over groomed, over dressed and over expo0sed. The one thing I can tell you about everyone in Brighton, is that unless they are a criminal r have inherited a lot of cash, or live with/off someone who works very hard - they are broke, or drowning in debt - no matter how nice they look, as they spend the day outside streep pavement cafe's smoking and drinking, straight after their 1-2-1 Yoga session etc.

In the Smiths at Brighton Station, there was some kind of strange offer - where if you bought water AND a newspaper - it was cheaper than just the water, the middle aged woman behind the counter ( I keep calling people middle aged when they are clearly 20 years older than me - as I am now considered middle aged by most young people ) - had a newspaper ready and went to a lot of trouble to be very polite to everyone, and offered to scan the paper with their purchase, detailing the offer - in the five minutes I was there - everyone refused and was really rude - you could tell that she was getting worn down by it all, despite trying to save people money, they just treated her with contempt.

Gales all night - but oddly calm, sunny and warm today - more bad weather due on Saturday night. Many fields seemed waterlogged, I didn't realise how much rain we have had.

Much to the utter horror and dismay of all my friends - I bought this on iTunes last night - I love it!!! Must be getting old.

I have to work over the weekend, so I'm taking a screen home - have not been feeling so great this week - really need to stay home and wrap up in a blanket, and do some cleaning - great piles of dog hair behind the doors billowing about in the draughts.

Have just eaten some chocolate - not something I normally do - I expect I'll have a migraine later.

No comments:

Post a Comment