Sunday 2 September 2012

Sunday

I went to a party last night, I normally avoid them - I'm not great in that kind of social situation - but it pretty good. The house is along caves road - quite literally, under the cliffs, and part of the original Mercatoria development - the buildings and businesses that supported the original large houses of St Leonards. They have a large outside space that they have cleared and revealed all the original stone cobbles laid out in te shapes of stables and workshops etc - lovely. Lots of nice people I already knew - and a couple I didn't. One very drunk girl - and a very drunk bloke on crutches who had trouble - just trouble.

I like that little spot - it's strange and quirky - there is a textiles place that does work for Louis Vuitton and my hosts are working with The Who on their world tour.

One odd spot - there is a woman in Hastings from my industry, she's semi retired now but still well known, and everyone has been telling me for years that I should meet her - although I usually go to a lot of trouble to avoid any social contacts with anyone in design, I was introduced to her - and guess what, we really didn't hit it off, you could see her visibly edging away from we with an expression of 'who the fuck are you' on her face. I thought it was pretty funny.

Quiet day today - working. Hot and muggy with fine misty rain at intervals, not nice. I'm behind on things - so I'm working tonight and here tomorrow. had a walk around town yesterday - saw a lot of good menswear in the charity shops that was all too small and bought a little 1950's table for the front room - for a fiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment