Friday 31 August 2012

Friday

I need a holiday. I'm knackered. Had to get up early to do some extra amends that came through last night - and back to a project I'm really struggling with. If I don't get paid today - I'm also back to being pore, which is a bit of a fucking bore.

Had a meeting ( part work, part social ) last night which included me being bought dinner ( Chicken Pie at Franks Front Room - they had the initials FFR made out of pastry on the crust - lovely ). We were in the back room and someone was having an art event at the same time - but the walls were already adorned with prints ( for sale ) by one of my X students - which was quite encouraging.

It was bloody cold this morning - I'm going to have to dig out the 'big' duvets. I'm invited somewhere on Saturday but I'm probably going to spend the weekend trying to sort out this piece of work - it's part of an unpaid pitch ( I'm being paid, but not much ) and I've already spent far too much time on it - however, if we win the pitch - it will be very good for a regular client.

Managed to score a few brownie points yesterday by getting one of my clients into contact with a superfast broadband line just around the corner from their office. Happy customers all round.

Started watching part 2 of te documentry on British Aviation after WW2 - but fell asleep half way through, just as it was getting interesting.

Some debate as to wether this is a fluke, or a mistake, or a con... I listened to Clint Eastwood rambling on the radio earlier - without the visuals of him talking to an empty chair - it was even more depressing. I've never understood the American fascination with actors as political touchstones - it's almost as strange as Ken Barlow being invited to address the Conservative party Conference ( mind you - I still have bad memories of Kenny 'lets bomb Russia' Everett )

No comments:

Post a Comment