Wednesday 31 August 2011

Wednesday

I worked until 2am last night and was up at 5am this morning, so I was a bit 'touchy'. The first thing I did was check my bank balance - having forgotten that all my insurances were paid out on the same day every year ( doh! ) and finding myself broke I became mildly hysterical - but calmed down and everything is fine now. I think I am cursed to never, ever have any money - like some kind of curse - I'll be finding a monkey paw in the street next.

I was so upset I couldn't eat any breakfast - and that's a pretty major 'upset'.

I had a bag through from one of the house collection charities - so I put out 6 bags of clothes, the bag said they would collect at 8am, they were EXACTLY on time - I appreciate punctuality - so I shall forgive them for probably being scammers who make a huge profit and give nothing to charity.
As I was getting ready and I opened the door to the postman bare chested. Never done that in my life before - he looked disgusted. He can't complain - I caught him having a piss in my neighbours hedge, in uniform.

I packed everything up and went to Brighton. It was quite cool so I dressed to suit. Obviously it became baking hot very quickly. Popped into the dentist to pay my bill. Browsed the certificates on the wall while I was waiting. My dentist's middle name is 'Jesus' - and the practice manager is called 'A Bender'.

There was a seagull on the platform with one leg. It was happy to stand.

I had popped into work early to pick up something - to my horror everyone was at their desk at 8.30am, and I wasn't - we are not due back for a few weeks and I became very paranoid. One of our overflow studios is now an office for another department.

I caught the same train that I was on last week. All the same people. The sheer misery of commuting came flooding back. The couple opposite comprised probably the most staggeringly handsome man I have ever seen - the kind who lights up the room - and his equally staggering girlfriend, who was dumpy, plain ( that's me being kind ) and morose. She complained about everything, was very rude to him and put him down constantly. He just took it on the chin.

Meeting went well. Ccame home with one of those property magazines. The house next door to my old one is on the market again ( 4th time in 6 years ) for £370,000. I expect you are all sick to death of me banging on about how I used to own a big house in Brighton and now I'm broke, in truth - I don't give a toss anymore - but it's a nice point of reference.

Lots of old ladies on the train going home to Eastbourne after a day of gentle shopping, they all look like the Queen, all had fancy posh outfits on, lovely grey fluffy hair and 'statement' lipstick.

A group of 4 very annoying girls talked about themselves all the way back, holding 4 separate conversations at the same time, talking on their phones and texting. One girl rang her payroll department and had a conversation whilst eating a bag of crisps. Unforgivable. They all decided that the Harvester in Eastbourne is the best restaurant in the world, and even better now that it does takeaway. I've never been to a Harvester. One girl talked about her diet constantly while eating chocolate chip cookies and said that she's been told that it was important to stop eating when she was 'full'.

I watched a documentary about The Futureheads on my ipod - I'm still amazed at the magic science that allows me to watch high def film on a tiny piece of plastic in my pocket. The first time I watched a DVD on a laptop I spent ages shining a light through the back of the screen where the apple logo is to see how thin it was. I'm easily impressed. I made shadow puppets.  Must be my generation, I still marvel at colour telly.

Came home, drank tea - walked dogs. Alfie Greyhund started barking at a parked yellow transit van and decided he wanted to come home and hide. It was VERY yellow.

Just realised I have to go to a talk at The Stade Hall tonight - but my London trip tomorrow has been canceled until next week so I have plenty of catching up time. A client has also paid me - so I'm actually quite solvent and will be paying off another chunk of tax money tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment