It's raining again.
Weird day - being at home - really tired and run down - but sparked up a bit now, as it's late afternoon ( I just ate a half price pork pie - that might be why ). Pea Risotto later - my favourite. Twice in two weeks Little Mouse has managed to grab a packet of Risotto rice out of a cupboard and spread it all around the house. It gets between the floorboards - I expecting it to germinate eventually.
In an article about the search for Tom Cruise's next wife ( yeah - I know... ) the Daily mail actually credits it's source as 'The National Enquirer - and then prints blatedly made up shite with the proviso 'it is believed' - so that's all right then.
Just found out that a wedding invitation was sent to the wrong address ( canute road ) - and they put my name as Mr De Penis on the envelope.
I ate a load of cherries from my tree - most have been nibbled by slugs - but there were still plenty to enjoy.
Part of my day was spent in horrified fascination that you can but a whole cooked chicken in a can in the US - seeped in a 'delicious' broth and quite a lot of aspic. It looks like something from a horror film - there are videos on youtube of people attempting to eat this 'product' - with little success.
I'm not really that pleased to hear that London Bus drivers are to be given an extra £500 in case the 2 week olympic period gets 'busy' - it was that or they go on strike - fuckers - they should have been grateful to be in secure jobs.
Still can't get excited about the whole thing.... perhaps next week.
2 comments:
Thank you! Reading about the cooked chicken in a can made me laugh out loud. Now I am originally from Canada but cannot say I ever saw such a thing there ... although I think one would have to search for such an item ... who knows?
Anne in Cambridge
http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/04/whole-chicken-in-a-can-taste-test.html
Post a Comment