Sunday, 15 July 2012

Sunday

Rain again first thing,  and then I took a punt and cycled over to Bexhill to see the Richard wilson. The last time I saw some of his work - it was this fantastic piece in Liverpool, this time - he's recreated the final scene of The Italian Job on the roof of the De La War pavilion. I wish it had rocked back and forth a bit faster, bit genteel for me... but it was Bexhill.

The Pavilion was full of weekend dads shepherding spoilt kids and angry looking middle aged, middle class women wearing expensive leisure wear and scowling at everyone over their french fancies.

Cycled back, popped in for a cuppa with a mate and then home.

I now feel wretched, really unwell - if I've caught something it will really ruin my week. Self employed people don't get sick pay.

2 comments:

Steerforth said...

As a newcomer to self-employment, I still think it's infinitely better than working for some wanker who's on another planet. I seem to be less ill now that I'm not giving myself cancer repressing the urge to punch an employer in the face.

Anonymous said...

agreed. feel better now - hence lying in bed trying not to let the laptop overheat as i peruse end of the world conspiracy theories on youtube

Post a Comment