A perfectly pleasant day - if you like rain. I decided not to go to the Gary Hume PV last night, Anton and Katherine's party - or the launch of the St Leonards International Film Festival - I'm at home with Dawn Of The Dead. Most of the day was spent looking up obscure references on the internet - watching weird stuff on YouTube and listening to the radio. A man came to the house and delivered some wine - that was nice.
At some point I found out something I really wish I didn't know - and have probably managed to shift the burden of knowledge onto the person who is actually being paid to deal with it.
I had Mushroom Rissotto for dinner - followed by stewed rhubarb from the garden - and some of the first cherries from my tree - then the rain drove me back in.
I had my electricity bill 9 days ago - and this morning I received a letter from a debt collection agency following it up. I think this suggests that most people are paying late and the utilities companies are getting itch fingers on their trickers. Made me decide to wait a bit longer from choice, as well as necessity.
I noticed tonight that it's already appreciably darker in the evenings - easily 20 - 30 mins less light.
I looked up a couple of creatives I used to know online and checked out their latest work - generally, shite, but they seemed oblivious and doing well for themselves. Wasted another out decoding the badly disguised racism, sexism, xenophobia and homophobia in today's Daily Mail, they even have it in for Red Heads today. As it's so cold, I also spent time researching a new wood burner for the front room and the cost of getting the chimney lined.
I bought some new toothpaste - despite being blue, it has a strange aftertaste of peach. I don't like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment