Sunday 19 December 2010

Another day, another whatever.

I've said before I hate Sundays, and today is no exception. Still dark at quarter to eight. That's rubbish.

I'm going to start clearing out the attic later, I'll probably have to move an electric fire up there for half an hour first. It's full of crap - someone is coming later in the week for the old photography studio equipment and I may do another table sale ofter Xmas - this one will be in a pub on a Saturday - quite like the idea of that.

Have to walk the dogs soon, ice and frozen snow everywhere - not looking forward to it - might take some stuff for the birds if I can remember where it is.

Watched the final of Strictly last night - exactly the result I expected. Pam has no large scale fan base and she was getting on my nerves. He show dance included a final shot of her sliding towards the camera, legs akimbo flashing a rather baggy pair of blue knickers. The Daily Mail retouched to guard her 62 year old modesty with a fuzzy black blur - that just looked like a huge and rather unkempt minge.

Tointon won, but frankly I found her deathly dull and earnest - reminded me of a particularly precocious drama student - the one who is so 'nice' and everyone 'loves'. She was a good dancer - but I got sick of her arms and 'figure' work - whatever that is. She had a huge fan base from Eastenders so probably had it in the bag from early on. Her partner Arkem was the most annoying creep on the show and his teeth give me nightmares. The rather laughable press attempts to conjour up a romance between them were sunk by a canny cameraman who made a point of recording Arkem and Robin's ( or 'Bobby - as he calls him, Patsy Kensits dance partner, Arkems 'house mate' - and a bargain Tom of Finland... or rather Tom of Poundland ) reaction to each other when they won... get a room , guys.

I thought Mat was great - but he wasn't going to win - he's in danger of being overexposed ad it always works against you. Aside from The One Show - Country File - Strictly - he's also on later today hosting One Man and his Dog. The biggest weakness was the choreography - Ariona is a novice and kept putting in stuff the judges didn't like - rather than play the game. The showdance was all athletics, which were great - but no 'dancing' - whatever that is. It's the athletics that I like - I wish I could do that. I was really good at it at school - but as it wasn't football or rugby - nobody gave a toss.

I won't be watching the Apprentice later - it's a joke now, I've missed this whole season and don't want to bother again.

People on the news are still bleating about the weather being a disaster.... it's winter weather in the winter, some bloke just said 'will this be repeated year after year'... well, yes... it's seasonal. "if this happens every year, questions will be asked"... what do they teach these people at school???

I spend a big chunk of every day outside - walking the dogs you get a really good handle on what's happening with the weather and there have been no shocks or surprises - and to be fair - the BBC weather forecasts have been uncannily accurate this winter - I'm afraid it's human stupidity that's at fault. As for the airports, I'd much rather be on the ground drinking coffee and reading magazines, than skidding along a frozen runway towards doom.

Someone just used the word 'Winterized' on the news..... I feel rage boiling up inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment