Monday 20 April 2015

Sorry Guys

I've been massively focussed on other stuff over the last week or so. The change in season has also galvanised me to 'get on with things' and got out of the habit of blogging. Partly  because I used to blog mostly whilst waiting for it to get light enough in the morning to dog-walk, and now I can just 'get out'.

I spent yesterday clearing the garden - this included facing up to the fact that one of the compost bins had split and was about to collapse - so I took advantage of the situation to move all 3 to better positions. This included emptying them out - the stench!!! I know what people mean by 'the sweet smell of death'.

I've been really busy with work - nothing interesting - sold a lot of stuff on eBay - more than I expected. Lost money on about 50% of all transactions, underestimated how much I'd have to pay in fees and fell out with a few people I've never met. They were idiots.

I have a half sized Skip coming in the morning to hopefully clear the last of the crap from my garden and loft - I'm STILL digging up stuff that was left from the war and just buried in the garden, I actually think it's getting worse. Next door have also done a bit of basic gardening for the first time in 7 years. Half heartedly. I know they are thinking of selling.

The bloke across the road has left his wife. She's clearly devastated and has been forced to rush out and have a 'cougar' style makeover. The hair alone is a marvel. Am reminded of the Oscar Wilde quip 'turned quite golden with grief"

I just managed to fall down the stairs whilst on the phone to the man I was ordering a skip from, he didn't seem too fussed.



Raft of the Medusa

In other news - my friend Richard Heslop completed a film for the BBC that was shown online as a partner to a new Radio Play by Simon Armitage on Saturday - it's available to view online here. You get a few glimpses of Richard in there too. The BBC are ecstatic with it. It was edited by Tracy Granger - who I have mentioned before and has the most impossibly famous parents in the world. Richard worked with Derek Jarman for some years and the film is partly a tribute to him.

I promise to blog more often - I may even post a picture of my slightly less desolate garden.

4 comments:

Anne Roy said...

Lovely to see you return ... what is it with this falling? Photo of the garden? We would all love to see it!

Anne in Cambridge (the U.K. one)

Steerforth said...

I'm also having a blogging hiatus - not intentionally, I just have nothing to say. Good to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Delighted to read you again...best wishes

Sarie said...

Glad you're back

Post a Comment