Monday 11 August 2014

Monday

I took advantage of a short break in the weather to come into work - I was considering working from home today, it's quite heavy out there and it looks like it's going to get worse again - I suppose I could always get a cab home if I need to.

Spent yesterday at home, watching films( 'We Dive At Dawn' - fantastic) and doing unimportant stuff around the house while the weather decided what to do, in the evening I had a very hot bath and finally got round to watching 'Kill Your Darlings' - which I really liked. I thought that the whole cast were excellent - including small but perfectly formed start turns from Kyra Sedgwick and Jennifer Jason Leigh as the mother of lead roles Ginsberg and Carr - acting as mirrors for their sons actions and intentions - and I thought that Daniel Radcliffe was actually very good indeed, although I'll never be able to start watching any Harry Potter films now (I've not actually seen any of them yet.... ) - I might watch 'Howl' again tonight as a lean-on. One thing I also liked was the use of modern music, it was really well played and I didn't even notice at first.

Cycling in to work today, a Monday Morning after a heavy rainfall - I was reminded just haw bad British Drivers are. At one point on a narrow street with cars parked along either side I was terrified to see a car hurtling towards me driven by a woman I know for a fact to be permanently drunk, another woman could barely conceal her rage when she was forced to obey the highway code by my presence rather than commit the usual act of road stupidity that she evidently expected - and in another strange and surreal episode, a morbidly obese woman in a very small car stopped the traffic at the intersection of two roads by hogging the junction and performing an elaborate 20 point turn and going back the way she came - she was wearing a very short sleeved T Shirt and was so large that her giant arms pressed against the windows obscured her view, explaining why she couldn't perform a simple manoeuvre.

There is quite a lot for me to do this week, I enjoyed having a quiet day yesterday after the excitement of my bike ride on saturday - and I'm planning on getting a skip on Friday (Which seems to be the only day when there are any parking spaces on my road). I've already noticed that the days are substantially shorter (my alarm goes off at 5am, no longer broad daylight) so I really need to get on with things. I'm usually asleep by 9pm when it's dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment