Sunday 18 May 2014

Sunday PM

I'm inside, hiding from the fiery furnace that is 'outside' - typical of me to spend 6 months waiting for the weather to improve and then remember that I really hate being out in the sun.

I've been cleaning and washing a load of winter stuff and putting it away until the end of the year - including a wool coat that I put in the washing machine - it came out just fine. I have a setting on this machine called 'wool' - it works.

A quick wander around Clive Vale with the dogs and I realised that there are now at least ten houses with UKIP posters in the window. I just can't understand it, even the papers are saying that they will do well - it's far too easy to moan that the main parties have only themselves to blame for the so-called Protest vote, it's more than that, one of the local Hastings UKIP councillors has been in the papers over the weekend, including the daily Mail, for taking part in a photo shoot with another naked, obese, middle aged man, snorting cocaine off the arse of a young girl - he has a splendid collection of tattoos, mostly of a sinister theme, including German WW2 insignia (of the 'wrong' sort). If you look at Nigel Farrage's recent exclamations, you cannot come to any other conclusion than the one that he's a stupid, bigoted, ignorant hypocrite - borderline personality disorder and deeply racist but too stupid to realise it - and he's one of the better ones. I've just stuck a bit 'Vote Labour' poster up in my window as a protest. The woman on the corner with the UKIP poster is, I'm pretty sure, the one who wrote a letter to the local paper to complain I  had a garden bonfire. She also has an uncontrollable dog tat has attacked mine at least twice.

Planning permission has been granted for a block of student accommodation in central Hastings, next top the college - it will serve Brighton University students on degree course here. It's really fantastic news. Brighton University is probably the biggest local investor - and Higher Education our biggest industry after tourism, the gradual shift towards Hastings as a University town is pretty fantastic.

I'm really behind with work - I wanted to get more done, but I can't concentrate in the heat - it's too oppressive and gives me headaches.

I'm about to attempt another dogwalk, the insist on going out frequently - and insist on coming back in again very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment