Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday Morning.

Nice day, early to rise and dog walk - plenty to do. Listening to Richard Griffiths on an old DID, very entertaining.

Watched the Howard Brenton live stream last night, didn't really enjoy it. It was very good, but not sure it could every be more than polite caricatures - the partition f India isn't really something you can condense down to 2 hours of stage work. There were parts I thought were going somewhere - the Indian actors talking in asides to the audience to translate their own language - but generally it was quite lightweight and more about posh voices and tea dresses. I would have liked something with more beef and darkness, this was too polite.

The instructions for my slow cooker specifically say that it's not suitable for pasta dishes. I can triumphantly proclaim them wrong.

I've had to deal with a couple of people over the last few days who - despite being superficially bright and a functioning member of society - prove themselves to be staggeringly thick. I was frustrated by one person, a long time London resident, who just couldn't accept that the Docklands Light Railway existed.

Out of sheer boredom and mischief - I still have the handlebar moustache from New Years Eve - I look like a bald Lemmy from Motorhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment