Saturday 3 August 2013

Saturday

Watching something on iPlayer about Caligula with Mary Beard ( presented by, not in a compromising position or anything )

Very, very tired today. Worked hard all week and then worked on the door at the Masonic last night. Cycled home at 2am, exhausted. It was an interesting experience - a combined 50th birthday and charity event, and one point I had several thousand pounds in a box in front of me - not comfortable about that. One of my duties was dealing with wheelchair access - I had to assist people up a set of stairs at the back via a ramp. As I was guiding one person she put her foot on the pedal - had no idea these things were so powerful, nearly wrenched my arm out of it's socket.

Today has been a write off, just too tired to do anything. I bought a healthy dinner, which cost twice as much as an unhealthy dinner and a four pack of lager.

During duller than average parts of today, I wandered over to twitter. Apparently - tomorrow, large numbers of self absorbed opinion makes will be boycotting twitter - well, not exactly - they will be lurking in the background to see if anyone mentions them, and constantly re-tweeting the hashtag, just to let everyone know they are still there. It's supposed to be as a 'solidarity' thing for people who have been bullied and abused on the service. Actually - it's mostly people who area angry and ashamed that they themselves have not been singled out for abuse. Personally - I want there to be a backlash against passive aggressive tweets, and people who post anything, anywhere that comprises a statement with the word 'No?' after it.


It's Hastings Carnival tonight. I've missed the parade, the carousing, the drinking and a fat teenage girl being driven up and down the street in a tiara - and later I'll miss the fireworks and more drinking. The side streets of the Old Town will run with blood, piss, vomit and spilt beer. Early night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment