Friday 5 July 2013

Friday

Worked in-house yesterday, which included a lot of copywriting - something I'm increasing come to enjoy, I never thought I'd find myself relishing spending the day writing about legal services - but life is full of surprises.

I'm in early today to see the computer engineer about saving my macbook - then I'm home for a couple of hours, and then back to London for 4pm. I'm going to the awards event for the ISTD, I was on the judging panel earlier in the year - it's at Pentagram, the last time I was there was when I was 23, I had two interviews with John McConnell - after being recommended by Michael Woolf. The first one, I waited an hour in the evening - only to be tod he was too busy. The second one a week later, I waited an hour and a half - only for him to stagger out of a meeting room, pissed, carrying a glass of wine which he managed to spill on my work - and was then dismissed with a grunt and a flick of the hand.

We are expecting lots of sun, but the last few days have been really cold and foggy. Quite a few people have had their woodburners on, including the house around the corner that used to be a pub that always has a chimney fire when they fire up the burner - yesterday was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment