Sunday 5 May 2013

Sunday

Back from a very long early morning dog walk - lovely weather - like summer, lots of new birds and quite a bit of blossom, even the bluebells are finally up and out. In the middle of nowhere, on a winding country lane - a bloke walked towards us - it was someone I was at college with about 25 years ago - who I barely knew, there was no real context for him being there - just walking along at 7.30am - we both made a nervous smile and said hello and kept walking, Very strange. Mind you - I spent yesterday with someone who worked in an office opposite my old house in Brighton and a girl when I was at Royal College with me, who I have not seen in 24 years - so... perhaps it's like quantum physics - everything explodes in a big bang in your early 20's and then slowly starts to recede and contract back into a globulous blob in your middle age.

I watched Dr Who last night - it starred Diana Rigg and her real life daughter, Rachel Stirling - I started getting a bit uncomfortable at then end and had the distinct impression that there was something rather sinister being played out between the two that might have had more to do with real life and Freud than either of them were happy to admit - mostly the bit at the end where the daughter got angry, at last - rejected te mother and struck out from under her shadow (but obviously the alien bit was made up - that's not real life). I then watched American Werewolf in London. It's still one of the best films ever made - and tonight I'll be watching Les Diaboliques.

I have to spend today cleaning my filthy house - and later I'm going to the garden centre to look at a freestanding plant for a large pot I have in the garden - and drop in on a friend who lives up the road.

I'm really tired and run down - I have to work in my studio tomorrow and then in-house for the rest of the week - with another client meeting on Thursday and later on - a conversation with a client in Brighton about working there for a while. I'm not complaining - working is great, I could just do with being in better physical condition and about 10 years younger.

I met someone yesterday with a full set ( top and bottom ) of very white, very perfect dental implants. I was mesmerised. Couldn't take my eyes off them - at least it meant I didn't have to make eye contact. Very interesting article in the paper today about Paddy Considine talking about Aspergers in later life. I with I was the person I am now 15 years ago - or at least, the same person - buy the way I am now.

It seems that no week can pass without another tale of rape, deviation, historic abuse or random buggery. It's getting boring now and losing it's edge - I know how trends work, it's only a matter of time before some micro celebrity realises that the only way to get back 'on top' is to confess to something terrible in the past to gain exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment