Tuesday 5 March 2013

Tuesday

I had to go to a meeting in Muswell Hill today. It's not just the past that's a foreign country - North London qualifies too. When I was a student - nobody would have considered living somewhere so far north, without a tube station, and so grim. Now - it might as well have it's own harvey Nichols. The residents are all middle class mothers with giant child buggies and spoilt kids - several had very expensive looking italian greyhounds. It was hot and sunny, I felt poor.

I needed top get there before 11am - have a meeting - and get back as soon as possible - so that was the entire day wasted.

At one point, I found myself in a rather nice, leafy avenue - 'Cranley Gardens' - I thougt to myself -"I'm sure I know someone who lives here" - then I remembered it was Dennis Neilson. If you are going to be buggered and butchered, it might as well be in a good neigbourhood.

The meeting sucked the life out of me - I managed to get back to Hastings for another meeting and home before mental and physical collapse struck.

I'm working in-house for the rest of the week - some stability. I'm exhausted already - may go to bed early. I bonded with one of the other passengers on the train over out joint exhaustion.

1 comment:

Steerforth said...

I've never seen what the big deal was about North London. The area In grew up in - Richmond-upon-Thames was much better, with the added bonus of the Thames. Sadly a lot of people agreed with me, to the point where I couldn't afford to live there any more.

Post a Comment