Friday 29 March 2013

Alas, poor Monty.

Sad news about Richard Griffiths - although he was the size of a house and in his mid sixties. I have always liked him - one of those actors that only seemed to take roles that were written with him in mind. Might watch Withnail later as a tribute - or potentially an audio recording of The History Boys that I have knocking about somewhere. A friend said earlier 'is it wrong that when I head he died - the first words that came into my head were "Monty - you cunt"..' Some twat on the radio just described him as 'larger than life'.

Worked yesterday - off all weekend, planning to do 'house stuff' - even though it's freezing and snowing lightly - gardening might not be an option.

Yesterday - I had one of those odd little blips ( all my own fault ) where I'd forgotten to invoice clients on time ( very busy ) and it's the end of the financial year - so nobody has the time to care about them - and I found myself needing to arrange an overdraft. This wasn't my favourite option - I tried this last year at exactly the same time and in the same circumstances - to no avail. This year... they actually said yes, and were quite friendly.... they did try to get me to get a credit card ( I refused ) but have given me a bump on my overdraft to make sure my mortgage, bills, studio rent, phone, living expenses and the cheque for the kennels that still has not been cashed - don't push me over the edge. It's been an expensive year so far - new glasses, wood burner, new computer, week in London etc - but as I have debts whatsoever apart from the mortgage... I can't be doing too badly.

I'm supposed to be going out later - depends how I'm feeling this afternoon - quite keen on another early night and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment