Wednesday 13 February 2013

Wednesday

I went to bed early last night, despite there being a lot going on in Hastings last night - including about 100 live acts and Skunk Anansie playing 4 free gigs in different venues in one night - and then woke up at 2am, after having had another bad dream - rather than getting up and fretting in front of a computer, I lay in bed, fretting in the dark.

I need to go to Brighton, but I must be home by 6.30pm for a phone call - I'm moving from BT to EE, after nearly 309 years. Apart from the fact it will save me about £150 p.a. - I tried very had to remember a single good experience with BT, and couldn't.

I bumped into another dog owner yesterday, and neither of us could recall the last time the weather was good, or if there was any tangible spring or summer last year. Seasonal change seems to be a distant memory. Everybody is miserable, as a result.
Work is really awkward at the moment - getting a bit political and scrappy - spinning lots of plates and wondering what I'm doing with a lot of projects. I have lots of outstanding invoices - but I really do need to get paid by someone quite soon. So, back to normal again.

Horse meat rumbles on, it's getting 'personal' now as the Daily Mail have started using the 'P' word - 'Pony' - now that it's about pets rather than obscure, Romanian work horses - expect fireworks. I'm actually hoping they find something grim in the next batch - that should make a few more people think about what they eat. Grocers, health food shops and real butchers reporting raised profits - I hope they have the sense to take advantage of the situation and work hard to keep the extra custom. Won't be long before it's the lead thread in The Archers. If Waitrose are withdrawing products, we MUST be in trouble.

Ash Wednesday - another bizarre and archaic ritual from the past - no different to voodoo face painting, but more middle class.

Having a nightmare trying to find the exact adaptor I need for the new screen - will probably end up costing more than the screen - getting a bit pissed off already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Also visit my web-site - laser cellulite treatment

Post a Comment