Saturday 2 February 2013

Saturday

Yesterday - I worked at home, mostly - except for the bit where I lost my temper and took a crowbar to the decking on the kitchen patio. I'm sure that some people love a bit of decking - personally, I find it an algae and mould covered death trap, a springboard for bouncy dog athletics and a cunning way for the people I bought the house off to hide the drain and the vent behind the kitchen, and block the air vents. The void under the deck regularly fills with water because the drain blocks, and - as I have discovered, allows water to trickle into the vent and the space under the dining room. I borrowed a couple of large crowbars and hacked the lot up yesterday, finding two buckets of stinking silt and mud underneath. All gone now.

Working at home all weekend, may do a few jobs around the house as well, we might get a bit of sun. I could take down the last bit of wall at the top of the stairs - it will allow lots more light into the upstairs and landing. I've been promised a lift to the dump next week and it looks like I'm getting a ladder from someone I know who is moving house. This means I have no excuse - I can paint the front of the house, I may tackle some of the mould that's grown on the front over our long and very wet winter - I have a steamer and large bag of washing soda crystals at the ready. House faces North, 9 degrees to the East ( cheers, compass setting on iPhone ) so green mould is a problem.

It's 6.30am and there is  a car alarm going off outside - I wish I hadn't taken that crowbar back.

Yesterday I had to deal with the mysteries of 'cloud' computing and managing multiple itunes libraries - I don't recommend it to anyone.

Still suffering with bad skin, most people experiment with recreational drugs, I'm experimenting with Benadryl.

There is an article written by some cock called 'Robert Hardman' in the Daily Mail today that suggests that the Polish immigrants are now living in fear of Romanian immigrants coming in and taking their jobs, focusing on Boston in Lincs - the photography used is very cleverly edited to be as misleading and scaremongering as possible - but what makes me laugh is the photographs of Polish owned shops - bakeries and delicatessens, each one has a Chinese restaurant next door, no mention of the wave of eastern imigrants. He reports that Polish workers are terrified that Romanians will come in and undercut them, just as they did ten years ago to British workers, ( British builders - who are now struggling - possibly because they are still charging boom-time '90s prices and have 90's attitudes) - there is even some fear that Croations may form a new wave of immigrants, I'll have to tell my friends who have a holiday home out there.

Tonight's big film on TV is 'Lesbian Vampire Killers'. It's even worse than the title. The only good thing I can say about it, is that it was, essentially, career ending for quite a few people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to know a lot about
this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you just could do
with a few p.c. to force the message house a bit, however other
than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read.

I will definitely be back.
Also see my webpage :: absolutely free people locator

Post a Comment