Wednesday 23 January 2013

Wednesday

Rejoice, for I have submitted my tax return.

Additionally - thanks to a bleak year 2011/12 - ruined by lowly paid teaching, over payment of tax, expenses coming out of my year and paying too much the year before - the Revenue actually owe me money.

I'm working at home for the first half of today - at one with the world.

I have also managed to get carried away and signed up for a show at the Brighton Open Houses in May - just need to do the work now.

I went into the Hospice shop yesterday, the one that has been re-vamped. Last week I bought 3 Timothy Everest shirts for £2 each, all apparently new. Yesterday I bought a lambswool sleeveless grey sweater for the same. It was quite late in the day, a middle aged man with a Hapsburg lip, a camp lisp and the look of a man who is grateful that his mother dresses him was in attendance - as I struggled in my pocket to find the right change - he advised me that they take credit cards. A group of three women who had been working 'out back' ( going through the bags, keeping the good stuff, checking the pockets for cash etc ) came through the store and were obviously going home for the day. They eyed my suspiciously and hung around by the door, I clearly heard one of them say "we'd better wait a bit in case there is any trouble". Not sure if they meant me or him.

We had about 12 hours of heavy sleet last night, some settling - but seriously vile weather.

Bloke on the radio yesterday from a libertarian organisation was trying to defend the right to drive when drunk. Staggering stupidity - I think people like that just need the attention.

I'm buying a mac mini from one of my colleagues - he only bought it at Xmas to travel to India with, getting it for essentially half price, delighted - haling my Macbook pro about is giving me a hunched shoulder - perfect for travelling about now, I have a morbid fear of anything happening to the main laptop - I'd be unemployable without it.

I think my re-boot of 2013 is working well - very chipper, almost like my old self - although spectacularly unfit. Running for a train or a heavy bag of shopping would probably kill me - it's too cold and shitty out there to get any running done, need to think of something fast before I fade away into middle age. I know someone who has announced their 50th birthday - I honestly thought they were 10 years older, I hope I don't look like that.

Cameron is giving his big speech on the radio - can't listen, it's just a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment