Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday

It's snowing, it's probably snowing everywhere - it happens every year - and everyone has gone mad.

I went into the COOP to buy some dog food, outside were about a doen men waiting for their partners to come out - all with dogs, the type of dog that never gets walked but as it's snowing 'lets take Tyson for a little play about' - all the dogs were hysterical. Inside it was packed, full of people in full panic mode - like the eve of war. Stripping the shelves and pushing past each other, the COOP have decided to profiteer and have piled boxes of cheap Cream of Tomato soup near the tills. There was a woman pulling a plastic sleigh, using it as a trolley, blocking the aisle, whilst her two children screamed and shouted.

I walked the dogs up to Norths Seat - but it was a virtual white out, on the way there I saw something that made my blood boil - these are some of the steepest hills in Sussex, they don't grit them and many are country lanes - you can't drive up my road in this weather ( but people try - kids are using it as a ski run at the moment ) - the road that goes to Pett and Rye is so steep I'd never attempt to cycle it, and usually gets closed in the snow - I saw a young couple driving up in a little car - a van coming the other way stopped, blocking the road, and the driver got out and PLEADED with them to turn round and not attempt to drive any further - of course, they insisted they were 'alright' - fucking idiots - seeing people drive in this is criminal - they can barely get out of their own drives.

I went out last night and had a drink with a friend and talked about work - Town was very quiet - reasonable enough, aside from the weather - nobody has any money, their Xmas debts mounting and the credit card bills just arriving. Had a very hot bath before I went out and risked a full Princes Margaret - when I left the house it was so cold I started shaking violently, could hardly manage to cash point.

I have quite a bit of work to do today - if there is too much snow - I'll stay at home and work tomorrow - primarily because I have all the computer equipment here and I'll never get a cab to take me down the hill, I wouldn't want to. Have set myself up in the front room, quite comfortable.

I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment