Tuesday 18 December 2012

Tuesday

Yesterday - I arranged for the thing that will be giving me instant hot water in the kitchen to be delivered - it will arrive today before 10.30am - I have an appointment with the dental hygenist ( I pay for it - she works from the NHS dentist 2 days per week  - it's about £40 for half an hour ), she's very good - much better that the dentist in almost every way. I called the dentist to say I might possibly be 5 mins late.

"well, we can't leave her waiting so I'll cancel that and rearrange for you - here we go - April 8th 2013"

I shall be looking for both a new dentist and a new hygenist after Xmas.

Only one day left in work - only one job left to do - already changed my 'out of office' email alert. Knackered - have a mouth ulcer from eating mince pies on Saturday. I don't even like them.

It's still dark at 7am - horribly dark - depressing.

Came home and went straight to bed last night. Passed a very lucrative piece of work onto another designer - partly because I don't really work in that sector - partly because I don't want to work for friends. I shall get my reward in heaven. Metaphorically speaking.

I was in the central Post Office in Hastings yesterday - it's a large building with about 8 or 9 tellers - packed to the gills - full of Hastings casualties. The service was actually pretty quick, it was also fantastic - really friendly, helpful, and professional - I know EVERYTHING about how my parcels will be delivered, additionally - the woman that served me once lived on the same road in London that I was sending a parcel to - we had a very friendly chat while she processed everything, she could not have been nicer. That's the way it should be. I was given the kind of service they probably get on Death Row at the macDonalds earlier. Surly girl with dead eyes and the personality of a lobotomy victim. I had an online row with someone at the weekend ( perhaps 'row' is too strong ) about HMV - who are in the process of crashing and burning,  The staff in my local HMV are fantastic - they are held back by the store being far too small for the stock - but they are really friendly and helpful. If they go - it will leave a huge hole on the high street. Not sad to see Comet closed today for the last time - terrible retail experience - their own fault entirely.

The papers are increasingly full of lurid shit about the events in nAmerica - at least the Guardian has written something today about Aspergers (not violent serial killers after all ) and someone else has addressed the fact that being a Vegan didn't make him a monster either.

2 comments:

Steerforth said...

I think the HMV shop staff are generally good, but their senior management were, possibly still are, wankers. They almost destroyed Waterstone's and have nearly done the same to HMV.

Apparently they're now busy clamping down on shop floor staff with piercings and tattoos, because that's obviously the reason why their sales are down - nothing to do with not establishing a decent presence on the internet in time to stop Amazon and Apple.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

the staff in my local HMV are held together by piercings and tattoos!

Richard

Post a Comment