Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve

blah, Blah, Blah.  Took the dogs on a long walk to Bexhill yesterday - and topped it off with 12 hours of sleep, which I obviously needed.

Still find myself without even a smidgin of Xmas spirit - have decided to buy no food or drink and intend to sleep and dog walk myself through the next few days. I'm 'probably' going to the supermarket tomorrow to see about some food for the next few days, actually thinking about having a vegetarian xmas this year. Might see if there is anything interesting in the HMV for tomorrow.

Listening to the news, talking about failures in British nursing, being told to 'see things in proportion' - not really keen on that concept. My own experience of hospitals and most of the medical community ( but not all ) is that patients are products, a nuisance and get in the way of their job. I've had some really bad experiences, as have members of my family and people I know - not from competence - just general lack of compassion. I dread ever getting ill. It's a shame that so many brilliant people are tainted by the actions of so few.

News from the retail sector is grim - not good for me - it's the biggest part of my business, had a brief conversation with one of my clients about this last week - might be a very difficult year. Really interesting article about Clintons - who I have worked for - on the radio now and how the retail format has been improved, but all retail turnaround takes investment.

Not raining much yet - due at noon - very glad I live at the top of the hill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy whatever you get up to over the holidays, look forward to following you for another year. All the best

Post a Comment