Friday 9 September 2011

Friday

Up early - plenty to do before I catch the train. Worked really hard yesterday, but had one of those days when I couldn't just knock it all out - I had to concentrate and take my time, I saw the presentation late last night and it's very good - so I hope it goes well today - they will let me know.

Thick mist outside - very wet, must dress to suit London - one of the benefits of a train that pulls into Charring Cross is that I don't need to catch a tube. My meeting is only for about 20 / 30 mins. I'm inclined to go for a 'hit and run' visit - I don't actually need anything and there is nothing I want to see. I'm going to St James's - so I hardly think I'll be picking up any bargains in Bond Street or Saville Row.

The kettle blew up yesterday - a disaster for the self employed - I had to boil pans to make tea. You can't get a kettle in Ore Village - I'll have to pick one up at the weekend. For those of you that don't know Hastings, it's a small seaside town with a fishing port and a very high hill at the back - with 'Ore Village' at the top - it takes about 3 mins to cycle down into town, and about 25 to cycle back up - it's very steep. we even have different weather up here - and you can't really buy much up here - hence my constant references to the local COOP - which is out one concession to civilisation and the 20th century. It's built on the foundations of a Victorian Music Hall, it being considered vulgar to have one in town - they built it up at the top of the hill.

I'm glad it's the end of the week but I still have lots to do. I also need to re-write my timetable to suit the new hours - I'm actually looking forward to that. I'll start going into college next week to organise things - which includes scouting around the building in the evening stealing furniture.

I downloaded the full audiobook of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for the train journey - it's 7 wonderful hours, how exciting!!! ( I'm easily pleased )

No comments:

Post a Comment