Sunday 28 August 2011

Sunday Night

Despite my best intentions, I did very little today - although I did manage to shell a bag of peas... probably the most pointless exercise in history - there are machines for that now.

I've given up any pretence of work and am watching The Ipcress File - vastly superior.

So - NYC wasn't washed away and millions were not slain, so that's all right then. One of the dogs has developed pungent and abnormal flatulence and I have a bad feeling I can smell rodent at the back of the house. In addition - I used the anti-moth treatment on a couple of winter coats and I nearly passed out, it's like nerve gas.. and to think they made mothballs illegal because of the chemical content...

I've been putting even more stuff in bags for the Salvation army. I've become ruthless, quite pleased with myself. I spent a chunk of today looking for the telephone that came with the Home Hub, the free internet phone - couldn't find it anywhere - I put it away because every time you walked passed the Home Hub, it fell off the stand - it being an example of very poor design. Now that I find myself needing it - I can't find the fucker.

The next few weeks are going to be fairly busy - I have a lot on before I start teaching again... I'm due quite a bit of cash in from invoices and I get paid next week - there is a lot I want to get out of the way - but not until I get paid, so I'm in a bit of limbo for a couple of weeks, and I have a private dental appointment on Tuesday to look forward to. I've decided which camera I'm going to buy - but I need to buy it before I sell this one ... so that I can photograph the one I already have (for the add). I've found a supplier for the bike spares I need, and I am still vaguely thinking about a 'bottom of the range' iPhone.

I'm also bearing in mind money I need to spend on the house and the possibility that the computer might not make it through the winter. I had real problems last year with the large hard drive - it didn't like the cold weather and was very clunky at start up.

I'm going to cut down on commercial work when I'm teaching so may set aside some time to sell stuff online. I've come to the conclusion that if this academic year does not go the way I want - I'll leave college - it's too much hard work for too little money, and I have no interest in the politics. I might just go back to being a visiting tutor.

I'm about to start reading Carson McCullers 'Member of The Wedding' - I have a couple of long train journeys this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I might start it tonight - but the last time I tried reading in bed I couldn't get past the first page - I really need to sort out new glasses...

No comments:

Post a Comment