Friday 26 August 2011

Friday afternoon

I waited for a gap in the weather - chanced my arm and cycled into town - went less than 100 yards before violent downpour soaked me to the skin - I was dripping wet, so much water in my jeans that the weight kept dragging them down. It was cold, wet and windy - I quite enjoyed it.

Picked up a couple of cheap DVD's for tonight ( BIG SPENDER) - Zombieland and The Baader Meinhoff Complex - for a low/high culture mash up. Bulk bought toothpaste from the pound shop and a bag of pigs ears... for the dogs. had a look about in the Oxfam. It was quiet until an elderly but very chipper woman popped her head around the door - "are you open Monday - I thought I'd ask now rather than be disappointed" she eventually decided to come in and start a conversation with the odd bloke behind the till, she confessed that she had seen the latest harry Potter film - and they proceeded to get into a row about the difference in the book and the film, minute plot changes and dialogue coming from one person in the book and another in the film. I had to leave ( never having read any harry Potter or seen more than 20 mins of a film ).

Outside the HMV a fat, pregnant and dazed looking woman pointed at the window display and shouted 'look, they got stuff'. Inside, "Venus in Furs" was in the entertainment section - not quite as bad as last year when I found "Deep Throat" in family films. The HMV is being turned over towards technology. ipods, ipads etc.

The weather, by now, had turned itself around and it was schorching with blue skies.

Popped into see a sick friend ( no, really - not code for something ) and cycled home. I took 6 bags of books to the Salvation Army shop earlier and I'm clearing out a load more stuff later - I have moved it all down to the dining room - so I HAVE to deal with it.

Culled half of my socks, I only wear black socks and buy in bulk - they last about a year before getting tired, I keep them all in a big basket - there is nothing worse than trying to match socks in the dark of a winter morning... so I don't.

Just lining up the work I need to do over the weekend. I'm also going to the 'pop up' vegetarian cafe in the Old Town tomorrow lunchtime. At least it's a 3 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment