Saturday, 31 July 2010

Saturday

Well, here I am - in the office on a Saturday night, can't even watch a DVD downstairs anymore. Not that I ever do - but having a 'dead' telly is pissing me off already. have emailed the council to ask about safe removal - I think it's about 30 quid.

Managed to tile the last part of the bathroom earlier - still needs loads of work and finishing off - and painting etc. The downside is that I've had to bite the bullet and accept that the cast iron bath is too low on the ground to plumb straight in - not enough room underneath for the pipes, and not possible to cut through because of the joists - so I will have to build a shallow platform or something to raise it up. Typical of this house, everything is a fuck up.

The loose baby seagull is wandering from roof to roof, it was outside the office window earlier - it seems to be able to fly short distances, I'm not sure what the parents are doing - it screams constantly, I think they are trying to bully it into flying.

Most of today was wet and horrible, and actually quite cold. I did take the dogs down into town and then back up via the East Hill - thick sea mist on top so pretty atmospheric.

I'm watching something I recorded about 4 years ago on the portable, there is an advert for a bank offering 6% interest on their current accounts..... them was the days. When I was in the process of buying this place I held the deposit in my current account for several months - I made enough money to buy a fridge and a washing machine - that will never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment