Friday, 30 July 2010

More of life's unyielding cruelty.

I never watch proper telly - I have a portable in the office, but the 'big' telly downstairs is never on - the TV reception downstairs is rubbish so I only use it for the occasional DVD - and even then hardly ever.

Tonight I decided to watch a film, first time in weeks, I'm pretty run down and had a few stressful work days so I thought, why not.

About half way through "The Beat That My Heart Skipped" I thought there was a strange noise - like a fly trapped against the window, I ignored it for a while - then realised it was coming from the corner of the room - I assumed the DVD was sticking - looked at it, peered over the top of the telly..... and saw that it was sparks coming out of the back.

Fuck it. that was a really good widescreen telly - only 4 years old. Can't afford a new one - you even have to pay to have them taken away by the council for safe recycling. bugger. Fuck. Double fucking bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment